- Responsible for the safe management and on time delivery of projects within approved budget.
- Meet with clients to report on progress and manage issues to ensure projects are in line with client expectations
- Identify, actively manage and mitigate project risks
- Accurate reporting of project status in line with company project reporting requirements to aid in decision making
- Ensure that project-related documentation is complete, accurate, and in line with Quality procedures
- Manage the issue of sub-contract orders through the companies supply chain
- Manage commercial issues in projects with aligned to company procedures with the commercial department
- Manage project constraints/conflicts (e.g resource, schedule demands)
- Manage project stakeholders and key relationship
- Manage change control
- Have a proven Project Management background
- An appropriate engineering / technical degree or time served trade background
- Have a sound knowledge of engineering principles + strong mechanical/electrical engineering skills
- Be comfortable working independently on complex and varied problems
- Happy with working in a small team environment and the additional responsibilities that entail
- At ease dealing directly with customers and contractors
- Comfortable with maintaining and controlling project documentation, costs and procedures
- Focused on delivering to tight deadlines and specifications
- Demonstrate sound planning techniques and process
- Capable of reacting to changes + willing to go the extra mile to deliver quality products
- Effectively identify and communicate critical tasks and key risks
- Be capable of implementing best practice process
- Implement project risk measures along with cost control
- Demonstrate sound commercial awareness on a project and subcontractor level
- Demonstrate resource scheduling, labour forecasting
- Implement budget projections, updates and outcomes
- Strong team player able to work with a range of personalities to achieve positive outcomes
- Have the desire, drive and flexibility to successfully deliver within a challenging environment
The successful candidate should have the following attributes and experience:
- 10 years of experience in project management and contract administration. Ideally with a strong focus on residential developments.
- Broad knowledge of current building regulations and construction methods.
- Strong commercial awareness with the ability to create savings through creative design, planning and procurement
- Working knowledge of prevailing health and safety legislation and practice.
- Ability to inform all aspects of detailed design.
- Highly organised and able to coordinate teams of contractors.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as being an effective manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills, including working knowledge of AutoCAD.
Package on offer:
- Competitive basic salary.
- Car allowance or vehicle.
- Laptop, phone, etc
Job Type: Permanent